Hi Diane, My name is Kate. I am a grad student in Dallas studying to become an LPC. However, I’ve recently become introduced to childlife and LOVE it. I’ve tried but there does not seem to be any way to tweak my degree to fit Child Life. I was wondering if you had any advice for me or if you know of any LPC(s) specifically play therapists that work in the hospital setting. Thanks! PS Your blog is amazing :)

Hello Kate,
You don’t necessarily need to get a degree in or related to child life to be one! You just need to have 10 courses relating to it which, being that you’re a graduate student for LPC you might have the required courses already done. The following link provides more information — http://childlife.org/files/CL%20Course%20Verification%20Form%20-%20FINAL.pdf

& thank you for the feedback! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: