While searching around Georgetown University Hospital’s Child Life resources page, I found this awesome list of books that may be helpful to children dealing with hospitalization. Check it out!
Helpful Books about Hospitalization
A book is a great way to start explaining different things your child may see in a hospital. These are some recommendations.
- A Hospital Story: An Open Family Book for Parents and Children Together By Sara Bonnett Stein (Walker and Co., 1983)
- A Visit to the Sesame Street Hospital By Deborah Hautzig (Random House, 1985)
- At the Hospital By Amy Moses (Child’s World, 1997)
- Barney and Baby Bop Go to the Doctor By Margie Larsen, Dennis Full (Scholastic)
- Coping with a Hospital Stay By Sharon Carter and Judy Monnig (Rosen Publishing Group, 1987)
- Curious George Goes to the Hospital By Anne Civardi (EDC Publishing, 1994)
- Going to the Hospital By Fred Rogers (GP/Putnam’s Sons, 1988)
- Let’s Talk About Going to the Hospital By Marianne Johnson (Powerkids Press, 1998)
- The Hospital Scares Me By Paula Hogan and Kirk Hogan (Raintree Steck-Vaughn Publishers, 1990)
- This is a Hospital, Not a Zoo By R. Karim (Truesdell Services, 1998)
- When Molly was in the Hospital: A Book for Brothers and Sisters of Hospitalized Children By Debbie Duncan (Rayve Productions, 1994)
- Why am I going to the Hospital By Claire Ciliotta and Carole Livingston (Lyle Stuart Inc., 1981)
Image Source: Amazon.com