As a 1 person program working solely in the ER, here’s how I’m celebrating!
- Implementation of a Child Life newsletter for the nurses lounge.
- A Child Life trivia quiz! Everyone fills out a sheet & returns it to me. I will pick random sheets to “grade” and the first person I pick that gets all the answers correct, wins!
- A baby photo contest – staff bring in a baby photo and it goes up on our board. First person to guess everyone correctly wins.
- Child life table teepees for the waiting room.
- Child life coloring sheets for the waiting room.
- A day of having food catered for the department (THANK YOU upper management!)
- A Child life “emergency kit” for the doctors lounge.
- Child life month bulletin board.
- Guest spot on our PEDS ED monthly newsletter!
- Bubble rounds! Child life assistant and I will randomly go room to room and blow bubbles for the patients to celebrate Child Life month – creatively thought up by one of my Child Life Assistants – (funny with the teen patients & a great way to raise awareness!)